Sunday, June 28, 2009

Week 2 Results (a little late)

Well, Week 2 has come and gone and Week 3 is halfway in the bag! My results were disappointing as I only lost 1/2 pound, but I earned my first star for losing my first 5 pounds, so that was an achievement. I talked to my leader and realized that I was so obsessed with eating healthier that I was not hitting my Points each day, which ultimately worked against me. The Points system is designed to help my metabolism build, but by not eating or not getting the proper nutrients, I was doing more harm than good. Plus she said my body is just getting adjusted from the big loss the first week. So, this week I've gotten my eating habits more aligned with my Points and I've been walking a lot, so hopefully I'll see some more results!

In other news, my busy summer is just ramping up. I had my little guy Ethan this weekend, which was fun! He is just too cute and so smily!

Last week my good friend Boo Boo came up for the week and we hit not one, not two, but three Brewer games...HOT games at that (and I'm not talking about the action on the field)! Yes, that officially doubles the number of games I've EVER attended before that, haha! At least the Crew stole one game in the series. Can't say I'll be rushing back for another game anytime soon! Good news is that we mastered the route to the game....no way around the cemetary yet...

Had a nice time down at J's for her housewarming today, just wished we could have stayed longer, but we're planning another weekend there soon so we can hit up Ikea and Portillos! Lisa is always a good partner in crime and she has become a truly great friend.

Big event Tuesday night, but I can't reveal many of the details yet. Just know that it involves a major movie premiere and some celebrities. I am the paparazzi, so hopefully I'll have some pictures to share!

In case I don't post before I leave for home for the 4th of July, enjoy the holiday...and be careful with those fireworks! PS - if you're looking for a handy way to prevent burning yourself on those ever-popular sparklers, stick them in a can of Play Doh before lighting. Thanks Real Simple magazine!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for coming last night! I realy enjoyed seeing you and Lisa! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Approaching toll booth: ten cents, 20, 25, 35 ... oh, here's another dime! And another! Etc. That was TOO freakin' funny. Hehe.

    I can't wait until I hear about your adventures on Tuesday! I have off that night, so if anything big goes down, TEXT IT! :)

    It was great seeing J and her apt.!!! We def. have to all hang out again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. can't wait for this week's update :) you go jrae!

    ReplyDelete