Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Life in the Midwest: Offer a girl a hot dog, cold drink, and some baseball and she drops everything...

Since it's been quite some time since I last blogged, I thought I'd do a quick recap post (while at work, hehe), so here goes!

- My good friend Erin threw out the title to this post in a tweet and I thought it was quite fitting for the adventures I've had the past two weeks! With two Brewers games in a week and my absolute favorite day of the entire year coming up, that says it all, haha!
- Work is kind of slow and boring, but we have lots of periodic chats about everything from Idol to DWTS to Biggest Loser to SYTYCD to The Bachelorette. Fun group, love our chats, very very relaxed atmosphere. No more work induced tears for this girl! LOVE it!
- My mom is the coolest. She has become one of my best friends, something I never thought I'd say and was somewhat hesitant to admit when she said it first this past February. The more I thought about it though, the more I realized it was true moreso now than ever. She was here for a couple days last week and we had a great time together, making dinner, watching Idol, planning for the summer. Not only is she great to me, but she's wonderful to my friends as well. She spoils me rotten and supports our family to no end. I just hope she realizes how amazing we all think she is!
- Lots of baby/kid stuff this week. Suprise baby shower at work tomorrow means a diaper cake creation, baby face cupcakes, and chocolate chip cookies (using my new KitchenAid mixer, ooooohhhh yeah!). Saturday I'm throwing an 8 year old's birthday party, complete with a spa/salon, restaurant, and red carpet premiere. Then it's up and at em early on Sunday to attend Ethan's baptism...more food to prepare for that event as well! On top of that, I need to finish the scrapbook so I'll have that as a gift. And all the great shows are wrapping up, so it's finales galore!
- Speaking of finales, most of you know what a HUGE Idol fan I am and have been since day 1. This past Friday I had the opportunity to experience Danny Gokey Day in its full glory! I met Lisa at the Summerfest grounds and we waited like sardines in a tin can for the man to appear! Granted all we could see were hands and signs, but I was able to hold my camera up to capture a few shots proving he was actually there. Now the experience of packing in with 18,000 of my closest friends wasn't memorable, but now I can officially say I was there, I went to an Idol rally...and it was quite an experience! Go Go Gokey!
- There really is no place like home. Not everyone can say that. My bro - the "free spirit" - moved home last month and this was my first opportunity to see him. Wow what a difference a couple years makes. He left home a boy and truly returned as a man. And he doesn't look like a caveman anymore, YAY! He's doing well and working hard to get his ice business up and running and even got his first order this weekend! I'm pretty proud of him, I must admit. Check out his website: http://www.metroicesculptures.com/
- I got a new coffee table and happily gave my old one away to a good friend...yay for changes! These tables are sooooo cool! The top lifts up to a regular table height, so it's perfect for entertaining or scrapbooking, two of my favorite things!
- Boathouse season is upon us! Memorial Day weekend should be the big kick off and J and S and I will christen the season in style! Everyone is welcome to an "open (boat)house" bonfire the night of Sunday, May 24th. BYOB. Could mean bring your own booze or blankets, depending on the weather! Call or email me if you need details!
- I am hopefully going to commit to blogging more regularly, but there are quite a few other things I need to do regularly, lol, so we'll see how it all goes! Thanks for tuning in though!

Honest to blog, that's all I know! What's new in your world?!?

P.S. Pictures to come! Yet another thing on my list of things I need to do more regularly...oy!

2 comments:

  1. i heart your blog (and you!)

    can't wait for BHW! take pics of the scrapbook you're making so I can get some creative inspiration from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh I need to see the pics of Danny that you took ... as well as various other pics (like of us in our infamous Reba wigs, lol).

    Thanks for coming out for Gokey Day! Sad that his run on AI is over, but I'm sure he'll do allright for himself.

    Kris all the way, now!!!

    ReplyDelete