Sunday, May 3, 2009

Girls just wanna have fun!

I officially had a great weekend! Now granted it might not take a lot to be considered a great weekend, but that's besides the point. Honest to blog, I'd even dare to say I had a great week! First off, work is going really well. I was super busy this week for the first time since I started and I accomplished a lot for only being there for 3 weeks. I think my boss and coworkers are pretty impressed so far and that makes me happy! Plus I got to talk to some really great people and heard some amazing stories. I would love to share some of them, but HIPAA regulations force me to keep my big mouth shut! Besides having a great week at work, I was able to play hooky on Wednesday and attend my first Brewers game of the season with one of my best friends Nichole (and the 30,000 other people who apparently decided hooky day was a good idea too!)! We had a great time and it's always great fun seeing her...wish it could be more often! I spent Friday night and part of Saturday cleaning and getting ready for my favorite part of the entire weekend...Jessa! For the past 15 years I have watched Jessa grow from an adorable little girl to an amazing young woman. She's kind, fun, compassionate, intelligent, hard working, and so much more. Our families always laugh about how alike we are and that, to me, is one of the best compliments I could ever receive. She's the closest thing I've ever had to a little sister and that's one title that I would love to come true. Anyway, Jessa was able to get away for the weekend with a couple of girlfriends (with one week of classes and one week of finals, getting away is not always easy but always necessary at that point!), so we hit up the Brewers game! I've been to one game my entire life and in one week I attended 2...crazy fun! So after a few pre-game shots to loosen us all up, we made the trek through the cemetary (an experience in and of itself, lol) over to Miller Park. We had 4 tickets but there ended up being 5 of us, so we grabbed an extra ticket and headed in to find our seats. Much to our shock and good fortune, there were exactly 5 seats left in our row! Score!!! We were pretty pumped that we got to sit together for the game...not that we actually watched most of the game as the Brew Crew got walloped, but we were able to enjoy some delicious drinks, the girls feasted on nachos and cheese fries, and we laughed a lot! Apparently we were on tv too (Jessa's grandma and a couple others saw us, woohoo!), so I hope for everyone's sake it wasn't when we were dancing. That would be downright embarassing. Once the game ended, we started to make the walk back to the creepy cemetary (only creepy because it had by then become dark and cemetaries are kinda freaky at night by nature) when we met a group of guys standing around a keg outside an RV in the parking lot. Long story short, many keg stands later and a number of cops who probably didn't realize that they were contributing to the delinquincy of minors, we headed back to my apartment and decided to grab some sushi. I must say I was quite proud of them as some of them had never experienced the deliciousness of sushi, but they all tried it, which is all I could ask for! After a delightful dinner downtown, we went back to my apartment to crash for the night. We threw in Slumdog Millionare as the girls settled in and before the previews even finished, all four were sound asleep, lol! Wait a second, aren't they the young ones with all the energy who are supposed to outlast this (late twenties) girl? Chalk one up for old JR, yyyyeeeesss! So anyway, I turned off the tv and headed off to bed. They were able to sleep in this morning before heading back to dorms and papers and finals galor and I headed off to a First Communion/birthday party. It was quite possibly the most fun I've had in quite some time and really gave Jessa and I a chance to bond again. I can't wait for the next adventure and I hope they know that they are always welcome!

So now it's Sunday night and I find myself pondering a few things:
- All about Mom: Mom will be in town this Tuesday and Wednesday and then I'm going home to celebrate Mother's Day with her. She really is one of my best friends and such an incredible person. I am beyond blessed to have her support, faith, guidance, and love! Now how do I even begin to show her what she means to me?
- J and S are coming to visit soon!!! I REALLY can't wait for them to get here later this month!
- I have to get scrapping! Baptism is coming up and I still have quite a few pages to go!
- E is hopefully coming out in September for a Sugarland concert! Cross your fingers that the tickets on sale this weekend are good because I definitely can't afford the $450 Platinum VIP tickets (that's per ticket btw!) that would put us in the spots we're accustomed to sitting. Here's hoping something decent pops up!
- Trying to decide what to do for Cinco de Mayo. Very tempting offer from my (other) girl J to see a cool artist. Not sure if I can swing it with the work schedule though. Decisions, decisions!
- Dating dilemma. Nuf said on that one.
- Just put my new red satin sheets on my bed and am in love with them! We'll see how they hold up when the weather gets warmer....but for now, I can't get enough!

Remember to show a little love to your mama this week. Not many people would put up with you the way she does! (just kidding!) Peace out girl scouts!!!

JR :)

5 comments:

  1. lovelovelove your blog JR! see you ssssssssooooooooooooooooooooooooooon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, any my word to type in was just "horn yo".

    that's honsety for ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, I'm glad you got to see 2 Brewers' Games this season already!!! I didn't know that Nichole was coming to WI -- I saw her pics on Facebook, and I was like Ooooh!?

    And I'm glad you got to spend some time with Jessa ... She does remind me a lot of you in ways. :)

    We have to get togther and hang out again soon too! Maybe we can scrap together or something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ummm, is it time for me to see you YET?????

    ReplyDelete
  5. so is E coming out for Sugarland?

    ReplyDelete