Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Surreal.

Sometimes I step on that scale and think "no way." When I heard my 12 week total today, it seemed so surreal. Yes I know that I'm losing weight. I'm fully aware that I've changed my eating and exercising habits. Sure my clothes are fitting better and I'm buying smaller sizes. But 26 pounds? Seriously!?!

Wow. I'm still not convinced that it's all sunk in yet. And yet week after week I keep losing and that total keeps growing. To think that I'm a third of the way to a weight I'd be happy with, a quarter of the way to what I'd really eventually like to lose, it all just blows my mind. I'm doing it for real this time.

No more excuses. No more empty promises of tomorrow. Here and now. One meal at a time. Today. Forever. It's always going to be a battle, but I can walk away victorious this time. I know I can do it. I have to. I want to. I am.

In celebrating such a righteous victory, I was inspired to take part in the Lose for Good campaign that Weight Watchers is sponsoring. They will donate up to a million dollars to food shelters, pantries, etc. for every pound that WW members lose between now and October 17th. They also encourage people to donate to local food pantries or programs, so I have decided this:


For every pound I have lost by October 17th, I will donate a pound of food to the Hunger Task Force here in Milwaukee. As it stands, they will receive at least 26 pounds of food, and that number is only bound to increase!

My goal: donate 40 pounds of food at the end of this challenge!

You can take part in this challenge too, and it would be a great honor if you would do so with me! Either set a goal for yourself or make the promise to donate some food to your local shelter on my behalf. It doesn't have to be 40 pounds, but whatever you can spare. I'd be honored if you would help me give back. For all the support that I've received, it's time to give some of that back to people who need it. Ponder this: over 900 MILLION people go hungry every year, yet over 1.5 BILLION people are obese. Let's work to correct that imbalance...together!!!

3 comments:

  1. You, my "skinny biatch" friend, are amazing. :)

    My WW location is donating food to the Salvation Army, and each week there's a theme of what type of food to buy. Next week is breakfast foods, and I've already purchased 3 boxes of cereal. I'm also going to purge my pantry and give away some of the cereals I don't eat anymore.

    Your commitment is inspiring and amazing, and I swear, you're going to surpass me soon. You're only 10 pounds away from doing that (and if you're doing the math, yes I FINALLY reached that 35 pound weight loss today).

    ReplyDelete